During the ongoing restrictions in place during the Roadmap out of Lockdown you will still be able to contact the Parish Council by calling 01733 241958 or in case of emergency 07904883881 as well as emailing email@example.com.
The Yaxley, Farcet & North Hunts Covid-19 Community Support Network can be contacted on 01733 794513 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org, should you wish to volunteer with this group please email email@example.com.
The Community Fridge is now operating twice a week 10.30 – 11.30am from the Pavilion in the Recreation Ground every Wednesday and Friday.
Accessibility Statement for Yaxley Parish Council
Using this website
Yaxley Parish Council, in partnership with Aubergine, has designed this website to be as accessible as possible. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
Ability.net has advice on making your device easier to use if you disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, for example an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example then please then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01733 241958. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations please email email@example.com or call 01733 241958.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications)(no.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Clerk, Helen Taylor
Post: Yaxley Parish Council, The Amenity Centre, 48 Main Street, Yaxley, PE7 3LU
In Person: Monday to Friday 09.30-14.30 at the above address, closed Bank Holidays and Weekends.
Phone: 01733 241958
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We are committed to making our website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below:
- there may be pages with read more/click here links. See WCAF2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)).
- There may be some pages where there are stray end tags. See WCAG2.1 success Criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success Criterion 4.1.2 (name, role, value).
- Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our images meets accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was tested both automatically prior to the writing of this statement and retested in January 2021 were no new accessibility issues were detected. The tests were carried out by Aubergine.
This statement was updated in September 2020.